Race report # 3 – Bradbury Blizzard 5 miles, March 3, 2013
Since i’m a bit behind in my writing on this, I’ll provide the bullet point highlight / lowlight list
1. Ann (wife o’Jedi) is one of the nicest people ever. Her blog entries end with “keep smiling”. Ann, when she finished this race, a bit after I did, went over to Ryan, and actually started punching him – with purpose, and reason!
2. Upon consideration, the Breaker was my favorite of the summer races – it was so hard, but middle of being in ok racing shape, right around my birthday, tough, but I felt like I accomplished something that day, and “earned my chocolate milk”. This was a breaker loop, on snowshoes.
3. The snow was completely different from the last 2 races, and I think that made a big difference – harder to push off when it was compacted.
4. Up the Switchback, on snowshoes. Thank you Jedi for the nice words, and to Kate, for waving and wondering outloud with me if there was an actual top.
5. Knowing that I was going to finish.
6. My bad ass hat
7. Thinking I could continue the day, as if I didn’t spend 5 miles running up. (me, in target, walking sideways, pushing on my hip flexor = awesome)
8. Running down the hill AS FAST AS I COULD, with my arms up, bounding bounding bounding. If you ever have the chance to bound down a mountain (whatever size) on snowshoes, I highly recommend it. Wind in my hair, barely standing, but somehow managing to stay upright, almost flying.
9. Being amazed at how great the TMR team is, again and again. Great performances, lots of smiles, digging deep.
10. 2 weeks later, remembering it fondly.